JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Marketing Advertising Manager
Marketing is a big industry in today’s world and anyone involved in the sector surely has a good and potential career scope.
Do You Want to be a Marketing and Advertising Manager?To build a career as a Marketing and Advertising Manager you need first to understand the Job profile and responsibility of the job.
This blog gives you a detailed idea of what it is like to become a Marketing and Advertising Manager in the Marketing Industry of India.
- IT and Computer Skills: Computer skills are very necessary for today’s day and age for any job. It is especially true for a Marketing and Advertising Manager as most of the task in marketing is done digitally may that be finding out data and information, processing it, analysing it or managing the said data. Digital marketing is a big part of today’s world and one of the requirements for any Marketing and Advertising Manager.
- Excellent communication and people skills: They also need to have excellent communication and people skills in order to liaise with the clients about their requirements and inform them about marketing plans, their effectiveness and the budget for the campaign. They also need to bring in new clients if necessary and also they need to convey their plans and ideas to the Managers and CEOs or any other superior Managers.
- Strong organizational and time-management abilities: Strong organizational and time-management abilities are a must as they need to be considerate of everyone’s time in the office that they are working for and manage different tasks given at the same time and finish them by the given deadline.
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics: One of the biggest sectors in marketing is digital marketing which revolves around social media such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, snap chat etc. and Search Engine Optimisation to rank the website higher. To be good in both of these the Marketing and Advertising Manager needs to be familiar with social media and web analytics. These would help them be more reputed in their career.
The Marketing and Advertising Manager is an innovative person who promotes a Business’s Products, services or brand image in front of the public. In this role, The Marketing and Advertising Manager will be optimizing the marketing strategies, managing the marketing department’s budget and staff, as well as preparing market forecasts to work with.
To be a successful Marketing and Advertising Manager the candidate will need extensive knowledge of marketing strategies and the ability to identify new business leads. As an exceptional Marketing and Advertising Managers, they will be tasked with utilising their expertise to increase business awareness and profitability.
The Marketing and Advertising Manager must have a liking for all things marketing and great knowledge of relevant marketing techniques and principles. A Good Marketing and Advertising Manager will be equipped with relevant qualifications and extensive experience in a wide range of marketing functions which may include communications, digital marketing, advertising, branding, and social media. To be successful in this job role the Marketing and Advertising Manager must be an organized person who can withstand the pressures of handling varied tasks at the same time and meeting deadlines.
The primary objective of an Advertising specialist is to lead the advertising agency by creating and developing advertising campaigns and coordinating with clients. An advertising specialist needs to be good at pitching new accounts, managing different project accounts, and collaborating ideas with creative teams. To be successful in this job role they must specialize in a wide range of several advertising channels with television, radio, newspapers, magazines, and digital platforms, In addition, part of their task is to deliver custom-fit presentations to current and prospective clients in order to gain new business and drive revenue.
- The Marketing and Advertising Managers develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door
- They work to Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Experimenting with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay-per-click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, and performance analysis is a big part of the job
- Producing valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups is also one of the duties
- They need to build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Preparing and monitoring the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocating funds wisely is also their duty
- They are also required to oversee and approve marketing material, from hard copy to website banners brochures and case studies
- One of their tasks includes Analysing consumer behaviour and adjusting email and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Develop efficient and intuitive marketing strategies: The Marketing and Advertising Manager needs to create marketing strategies that work and bring in new customers for the clients and organisation that they work for.
- Organize and oversee advertising campaigns: A big part of the job is to create ad campaigns that funnel in leads and in turn increase sales.
- Maintain relationships with media vendors and publishers: Good relations are everything in a business so Maintaining relationships with media vendors and publishers is very important.
- Customer Count: The more customers a business attracts through its marketing process the better, a Marketing and Advertising Manager’s work is considered.
- Sales Revenue: Sales revenue is ultimately the reason for all of your marketing efforts. And sales revenue should also be found on the Manager’s dashboard and the sales team’s dashboard.
- Customer Lifetime Value: CLV is the measure of how much value the customer can bring to the Organisation for as long as that person, business or organisation remains a client
- Referenceable Clients: The Marketing and Advertising Manager needs to be so good at their job that their existing clients refer the organisation to their friends and family.
- Customer Satisfaction: One of the Performance Indicators is that the customers the Marketing and Advertising Manager serves should be satisfied with the services that they get.
Marketing and Advertising Managers often work a traditional ‘nine-to-five’ day, though they may be needed to work on major projects or attend events outside of normal business hours on occasion.
They need to handle other Marketing and Advertising Managers and executives that are working under them. Their work is mostly a desk job where they work from behind a computer screen or files.
The Amount may vary through different Organisations, and cities depending on workflow and workload.
The Marketing and Advertising Manager’s Job is very much a Table Job where they have to work in front of the computer a majority of the time, analysing and sorting Data and Implementing their knowledge and expertise to come up with good and viable marketing strategies. The work is usually not very stressful and the pay is Moderately high and it goes upward with more experience. If you have a piece of good knowledge of marketing and business, a career as a Marketing and Advertising Manager can be promising for you.