How to Install StarUML on Windows 10
StarUML is a UML (Unified Modeling Language) tool, introduce by MKLab. It is an open-source modeling tool that supports the UML framework for system and software modeling. StarUML is based on UML version 1.4, it provides 11 different types of diagram and it accepts UML 2.0 notation. Version 2.0 was released for beta testing under a property license.
StarUML is actively supporting the MDA (Model Driven Architecture). It approaches by supporting the UML profile concept and allowing it to generate code for multiple languages. It also provides a number of bug fixes and improved compatibility with the modern versions of the Windows Operating System.
StarUML is mostly used by the Agile and small development teams, professional persons and used by the educational institutes.
Diagram Types in StarUML
- Use Case Diagram
- Class Diagram
- Sequence Diagram
- Collaboration Diagram
- Statechart Diagram
- Component Diagram
- Deployment Diagram
- Composite Structure Diagram
Features of StarUML
- It supports multi-platform such as macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- It involves UML 2.x.standard compliant.
- Includes Entity-Relationship diagram (ERD), Data-flow diagram (DFD), and Flowchart diagram.
- It creates multiple windows.
- It has modern UX and dark and light themes.
- Featured with retina (High-DPI) display support.
- Includes model-driven development.
- It has open APIs.
- Supports various third-party extensions.
- Asynchronous model validation.
- It can export to HTML docs.
- Get automatically update.
Steps to Download and Install StarUML
Step 1: Go on the browser, type in the URL “StarUML”
Step 2: Click on the very first search “Download-StarUML”.
Step 3: There will be 3 Operating Systems (OS) options, click on the option as per the devise OS.
Step 4: Now, right-click on the downloaded file, select “Show in Folder” option.
Step 5: Click on the open file, a popup window opens, click on the “Yes” button.
Step 6: Installation gets start. After installation popup opens to ask to buy a license. If you want to click on the “Buy Now” button or else close that window. StarUML is ready to use.
StarUML is a perfect software for data representation with multiple diagrams.