Nowadays, having a home garden or indoor garden is a trending thing among people. It is the act of growing plants indoors. These home gardens can be created using different kinds of things such as wooden packing pallets, old furniture, hanging plants or DIY (Do It Yourself) shelving. And it can be customized to the needs of the space and the individual.
This topic is very much trending, so people not only creating the home gardens but also making YouTube videos like home garden DIY, home garden design ideas, home garden décor, etc. People are crazy about creating home gardens and also putting videos of home garden designs.
Growing plants in the house might be for decorative purposes, but it is very beneficial for indoor air quality. It involves growing of flowers, vegetables or herbs. To do home gardening, container gardening is one of the simplest forms of home gardening. A container is capable of holding soil, moisture, and plants.
Home gardening also includes hydroponic gardening that uses no soil at all. Instead of using soil, it relies on growing plants in water and the use of additives to provide the nutrients that would come from soil if the plants were grown outdoors.
Benefits of Home Gardens
- Flowers generate happiness, so having flowers in the home greatly improves people’s moods and reduces the likelihood of stress-related depression.
- Plants help people concentrate better. It is proven by the studies that tasks performed while under nature are performed better and with greater accuracy and with a higher quality result.
- It improves health. Plants improve mood and contribute to overall healthiness.
- Improvement in mental health. Growing and nourishing plants are beneficial to humans because of the many medicinal properties of trees and foliage plants.
- Plants improve air quality. By observing gases, plants filter the air around them and increase humidity levels.
- It helps to relieve stress. Taking care of your plants as you wind down for the day can help to reduce the feeling of stress and anxiety. It also says that touching leaves for 2 minutes can have a positive impact on your stress levels.
- Study shows that children who spend time around plants learn better. It improves the ability of children, focus, concentrate, and engage more with their surrounding environment.
- Improves relationships/ compassion among people. People who spend enlarge lengths of time around plants tend to have better relationships with others.
- Plants accelerate the healing process. The presence of plants or views of aesthetically-pleasing gardens help patients to heal faster, due to the soothing effects of attractive gardening.
- Gardening creates therapeutic effects. Plants can act as therapy for people who have undergone trauma. Nurturing something is a way for people to work through the issues surrounding traumatic events and improve their mental health.
Home garden is a trending lifestyle to decorate home, with the benefits of healthy health.