Accounts administrator can be a rewarding job due to the fact that you have a direct impact on the business’s cash flow. Due to globalization and a growing economy, the demand for accounts administrator has increased as compared to all occupations.
Account administrator job description
Accounts administrator performs all accounting work related to taxes, including accounting and invoicing. They have a variety of roles that are vitally important to any business. In some large scale organizations, accounts administrators also perform managerial roles via overseeing an accounting staff. This could involve allocating duties to staff members, and asses and training them.
Accounts Administrator Responsibilities and Duties
What does account assistance do? The answer is Account Administrator has many duties and responsibilities but the responsibilities and duties may vary as per the industries. However, the tasks featured on a typical accounting administrator job profile may include the following:
- According to company standards, develop client products and underwriting files.
- You should do research and troubleshoot accounting issues when any problem occurs.
- Always prepare financial statements on time.
- Have to do activities like bank deposit, cash payments, and check the payment posting.
- Send out seller payments and customer invoices.
- Using telephone and/ or email, respond to finance department-related requests and inquiries.
- Always support other administrative staff under the company as required.
- The administrator assists in audit activities, at the time of the audit.
- Solves both client and team problems.
- Have to perform daily database maintenance to ensure that it should be according to accounting policies and procedures.
- The administrator attends client meetings and board meetings.
- You need an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, administration, or a related field.
- Also, you must have experience in accounting to get a job as the account administrator, but this varies from industry to industry.
Professional Requirements of Account Administrator
Some of the professional requirements of the account administrator job profile are as follows:
Proven work experience as an Accounts Administrator or role similar to it
Ability to work independently utilizing good judgment
Good knowledge of debt collection regulations and bookkeeping procedures
Advanced knowledge of Excel (creating spreadsheets and using financial formulas)
Strong data entry skills with the capability of finding numerical errors
BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field
It is mandatory for you to know the basics of computers like MS-Office, MS-Excel, and PowerPoint along with Tally.ERP. Really do you want to upgrade your skills at a low cost?
Upgrade your skills for free. Subscribe now on https://www.hrishionlinebuddhi.com/ and get instant access to MS Office Bundle Course.
IT Skill Set
- To become an account administrator, you need knowledge in accounting software programs, computers, printers, and fax machines.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Need to spend much of their time typing at their keyboards. All the work is based on typing.
Non-IT Skills Set
To become a successful accounting administrator you need a variety of skills like:
Communication: Communication with others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Utilizing logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and conclusions.
Mathematical logic: Utilizing mathematical logic to solve problems.
Time management: Manage your own work time and the time of others’ work.
Coordination: Adjust actions related to others’ actions.
Learning strategies: While learning or teaching new things, selects and use training/ instructional methods and appropriate procedures.
Active Listener: Need to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made. Ask questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex issues and reviewing related data to develop and evaluate options.
Active Learning: Understanding the suggestion of new information for current and future problem-solving and decision making.
Decision Making: Need to take appropriate decisions by considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
Monitoring: Must have monitoring skills to make improvements or take corrective action.
Attention to Detail: Must notice the details, as if any documents get transmitted with error, can make a business seem unprofessional.
Excellent Interpersonal skills: Accounting administrators need strong interpersonal skills to deal with clients and other staff. Interpersonal skills involve speaking and listening skills, negotiation skills, conflict resolution skills, problem-solving skills, ability to work as part of a team, and the ability to make decisions about the best courses of action.
If you have these abilities and skills then you can apply for the account administrator job.
An administrator typically expected to work full-time hours, normally from 35 to 40 hours between weekdays. Depending on the kind of company and their needs, sometimes overtime may be needed. It is not mandatory that administrators need to work full-time, some organizations also employ part-time administrators or offer flexible hours.
What kind of challenges does an Account Administrator face?
- The biggest challenge could be raising sales invoices to customers.
- Bringing in temporary workers to bridge gaps helps keep things running smoothly.
- Need to be supportive when an employee has to take time off maternity/ paternity leave, extended illness or other personal matters.
- If an employee quits unexpectedly, you’ll be a burden with hand on hand getting a handle on in-progress work and finding a replacement.
- Have to face workload when companies start vacancies and add new administrative positions.
- Busy seasons and special projects.
What package can you expect?
The account administrator’s average salary is 20,000-40,000 per month. This salary differs as per your experience, skills, and knowledge, industry scale, qualification. If you want a good salary package then work hard on your skills and gain knowledge.
Future Growth Prospects and path to get there.
- Demand for this job profile is high, so one can go abroad and work with the top businesses that offer a big package with extra benefits.
- Need to excel in majors aspects of accounting.
- Always be updated with the latest technology and upcoming courses for better career prospects.
What if This Career does not work out for you?
There is nothing to worry as you can go for other career related options.
- You can work as an internal auditor in an MNC firm.
- Another best option is becoming an accountant in any educational institute or universities.
- You can start your own firm.
- Can start doing freelancing for others.
- Or you can become an accounting teacher in the institute or start your own classes.
Wish to acquire IT and computer knowledge? Visit – https://www.hrishionlinebuddhi.com/
At HRISHI ONLINE BUDDHI, you’ll get access to detailed knowledge with respect to computers and internet techniques as well as acquire advanced learning on accounting tools.
So what’s the wait for, hurry and enrol now!!!