A simple password includes a combination of alphabets and numbers or symbols, or the patterns, or fingerprints recognition, or face recognition used to lock and unlock smartphones. 3D password is a combination of all the authentication techniques.
A 3D password is nothing but an advanced security that is much stronger than regular security. 3D password is the authentication that is based on the fact of Human memory. It introduces a virtual environment containing multiple virtual objects and the sequence of action and interaction towards the object inside the 3D environment that constructs the user’s 3D password.
A small virtual environment can be utilized in ATM, Personal Digital Assistants, Desktop Computer and Laptop logins, Web Authentication, and Security Analysis.
Advantage of 3D Password
- 3D password provides high security. So it is better and more secure as
compare to existing techniques.
- 3D password can’t take by any other person.
- There is no limit in the 3D graphical password due to it has no specific size limit and larger password keyspace.
- The execution of the system is easy.
- It is easy to be changed.
- Easy to remember the password.
- The 3D password helps to keep a lot of personal details.
- 3D password technology can be used in the security of important machines and nuclear missiles.
Disadvantages of 3D Password
- Difficult for blind people to use this 3D password technology.
- 3D password requires sophisticated computer technology.
- This scheme is expensive as compared to others.
- 3D password needs a lot of program coding.
- It consumes a lot of time and memory.
- Shoulder-suffering attack is still active and can disturb the 3D password scheme.
3D Password Application
This 3D password contains a very big password space as compared to other
verification methods, so the 3D password’s main application domains are
ensuring critical systems and resources.
- Critical Servers
Many large organizations have critical servers that are usually protected by a textual password. A 3D password authentication proposes a replacement for a textual password.
- Nuclear and Military Facilities
Nuclear and military facilities must be protected by the most powerful authentication systems. The 3D password includes token biometrics, recognition, and knowledge-based authentication in a single authentication system, for high-level security locations.
- Airplanes and Military
There is a possible threat of mishandling airplanes and jet fighters for a denomination, political agendas, so the usage of such airplanes must be secured by a powerful authentication system. 3D password can be used in less critical systems because the 3D virtual environment can be structured to fit any system requirements.
3D password is expensive, and time and memory consuming, but still important to secure important data.